Canon PlotWave 3000/3500
Large Format Technical Document Management with Advanced Security Options
- Highly configurable 1 or 2 roll large format printer and copier with optional integrated 600 dpi color/mono scanner.
- The PlotWave 3000 / 3500 large format printer is available in a space saving single-footprint design.
- The top delivery tray incorporates air separation technology and neatly collates and stacks up to 100 E-size plots.
- Standardized security features, including AES 256 data encryption, secure boot, and Access Management user authentication enabled.
Key Product Highlights
Fast and Easy with ClearConnect Panel
- Touchscreen with multitouch gestures for tablet/ smartphone-like interaction.
- Easily control printer and scanner/copier with your fingertips using the simple screen movements.
- Swipe, spread, and zoom in on details of a drawing.
- Live Preview function to confirm documents are correctly scanned to help avoid errors.
Neat Document Delivery
- Integrated Top Delivery Tray neatly stacks and collates up to 100 E-size/A0 plots.
- Air separation technology helps prevent large documents from cascading onto the floor like conventional top stackers.
- Optional Stacker Select provides additional 400-sheet (E-size/A0) capacity.
Get Better Copy and Color Scanning Results
- Image Logic technology automatically compensates for heavily folded/wrinkled and dark background originals to produce superior results.
- Originals are inserted face-up and width of original is detected automatically.
- Create 1-touch Scan Templates to capture commonly used settings or to require standardized departmental scan settings.
Instant Productivity with Radiant Fusing Technology
- Get instant startup and use half the energy of comparable systems.
- Fast first printout from cold sleep to print-in-hand in less than 40 seconds.
- Helps increase productivity even more with the second roll option for multiple width rolls or longer unattended printing.
Effortless Roll Changing
- Up to 650-foot roll length for maximum efficiency.
- Built-in roll loading station in each drawer.
- Media is auto-fed into the printer and roll width is auto-detected, then displayed on the ClearConnect touchscreen display.
Reliable Quality and Performance
- Take advantage of superb print quality with high-resolution Pico Printing at 600 x 1200 dpi.
- Award-winning industrial design with robust and durable materials.
- Extensively used areas of the printer are fabricated out of metal for commercial duty.
- This system has the low sound levels and heat compared to conventional fusing systems which operate on heat and pressure rollers and fans.
- Can be located and operated within workgroup environments.
- Closed toner system is easy to refill with no clumsy toner cartridges to unscrew or spill; Toner can be added while printing.
Productive and Secure POWERsync Controller
- Get the power to handle large and complex technical documents thanks to the productive POWERsync controller.
- Concurrency; Scan and copy while printing.
- Help protect confidential information with the latest security and protection features supported by Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC IoT Enterprise.
- The open interface of the POWERsync controller also enables the printer to embed software such as uniFLOW.
- This system is designed to make it easier to prepare, produce, and manage complex technical documents and sets of drawings.
- Advanced tools make it easy to get documents where you need them, when you need them.
|Standard System Configuration|
|1-Roll (Standard) or 2-Roll Printing System||Productive large format monochrome printer with ClearConnect multitouch user panel.|
|Stacking System||Integrated Top Delivery Tray. Up to 100 sheets E-size/A0.|
|Tilt and Swivel ClearConnect Multitouch User Interface||Consistent look and feel from every angle of your workflow, standard, including Smart Inbox, SmartAccess, and Live Preview.|
|Roll Media Switching||Fully automated roll media switch to guide the media to the Top Delivery Tray or back output depending on the user application.|
|ClearConnect Workflow Software||Drivers: Driver Select for Microsoft Windows, Driver Express PostScript 3 driver. Publishers: Publisher Mobile for IOS and Android, Publisher Express, Publisher Select 3 for Microsoft Windows.|
|Starter Kit Included||1 bottle toner 400 g, 1 bottle developer 1750 g, 1 roll 36 inch 20 lb. bond paper (75 g/m2).|
|Earthquake Provision||Help secure the printer against moving or tilting during an earthquake. This provision enables the user to secure the printer to a sturdy connection of the building.|
|Optional System Configurations|
|Office Space Saving Scanning System||Scanner Express with Image Logic technology, integrated scanner positioned on top of the printer to save office space.|
|Stacking Systems||Stacker Select, 400-sheet capacity|
|Roll Media Capacity Upgrade||2-roll option doubles media capacity from 1,950 to 3,900 sq. ft. (182 to 365 m2).|
|Removeable Hard Disk||For secure environments, hard disk can easily be removed from the printer system to help secure data integrity.|
|Imaging Technology||Electrophotography (LED) with Organic photoconductor (OPC). Radiant Fusing Technology with instant warm-up. Clean toner refill system. Virtually no ozone emission.|
|Fusing Technology||Instant warm-up, contactless fusing, low power consumption (heating on-demand).|
|Toner||Black toner: 800 grams per toner kit (400 grams/ bottle).|
|Print Resolution||600 × 1200 dpi|
|Minimum Line Width)||0.00236" (0.06 mm)|
|1:1 Line Accuracy||< 0.3%|
|Size and Weight|
|Main Engine Size (W × D × H)||61.6" x 31.7" x 59.2" (1563 mm x 803 mm x 1503 mm) (Height of 59.2" includes Top Delivery Tray)|
|Shipping Dimensions (W × D × H)||58" x 34" x 50" (1470 x 850 x 1280 mm)|
|Main Engine Weight||485 lb. (220 kg)|
|Main Engine Shipping Weight||597 lb. (271 kg)|
|Media Capacity||1 or 2 rolls; manual feed of cutsheet media|
|Paper Cutting||Cutter included in the drawer for fast and easy roll media switching.|
|Maximum Media Capacity||1 roll (650' L x 36" W): 1,950 sq. ft. If 2 rolls: 3,900 sq. ft.|
|Media Sizes Roll||ARCH: B, C, D, E, E1, 30"", 21"", 15"" ANSI: B, C, D, E
ISO: A3, A2, A1, A0, B1, B2, B1_700, B2_700
|Media Sized Cutsheet Tray||Short-edge feed (portrait): A3, B4, A, B, A+, B+, Carto B4, 230 x 310 mm, 310 x 440 mm
Long-edge feed (landscape): A3, A2, B4, B3, B, C, B+, C+, Carto B4, Carto B3, 15"" x 21"", 310 x 440 mm, 440 x 594 mm
|Media Weight||Bond: 16–28 lb.(60–110g/m2). Film: 3.5 mil.|
|Roll Length||Up to 650' (200 m)|
|Roll Width||11"–36" (11", 12", 15", 17", 18", 21", 22", 24", 30", 34", 36") (279-914mm)|
|Minimum Printed Length||16.5" (420 mm)|
|Maximum Printed Length||650' (200 m)|
|Roll Media Type||Paper: Engineering Bond, Vellum, Recycled Bond, Tinted Bond Xtreme #27 Bond Film: Polyester 3.5 mil|
|Cutsheet Media Type||Paper: Engineering Bond, Recycled Bond, Tinted Bond Xtreme #27 Bond|
|Automatic Roll Media Handling||Automatic width detection
Automatic roll media selection for optimized productivity and media saving, based on drawing size, media type, roll width, and finishing.
Automatic roll switching when end of roll is reached.
|Description||ClearConnect multitouch user panel|
|Size (W × D × H||11.8" × 8.7" × 1.6" (300 × 220 × 40 mm), 10.4" (diag.) color LCD|
|Resolution||800 × 600 pixels (SVGA)|
|Technology||Projective capacitive touch|
|Operation||3 hard buttons: [Wake-up], [Stop, interrupt, abort], [Home]
Multitouch functions: tap, double tap, pinch, 2-finger pinch, swipe, flick, and spread.
|Interface Design||Distinctive user interface with intuitive navigation and clearly defined levels of operation.|
|Features||View optimization: Tilt ClearConnect (-4 to +45 degrees) and swivel (-45 to +180 degrees). Status light (red, orange, green). USB 2.0 interface with indication light. Switch instantly between 2 languages, select from 21 languages.|
|Description||High performance POWERsync controller with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC, 64-bit|
|Processor||Dual Core, Dual Thread Celeron® G4900 at 3.10GHz|
|Memory||4 GB DDR4|
|Video||Intel HD Graphics, 1 GHz|
|Hard Disk||500 GB, 7200 rpm (standard)|
|Client Operating System||Windows 7 / Windows 7 64 bits / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 64 bits / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64 bits / Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bits / Windows Server 2012 64 bits / Windows Server 2012 R2 64 bits/Mac OS 10.10 / Mac OS 10.11 / Mac OS 10.12 (PostScript 3 driver support only for Mac OS|
|Interface||2x Ethernet 100 Mbits/s, 1Gbit/s TCP/IP: DHCP, IPv4, IPv6, HTTPS
Discovery: APIPA, WS-Discovery, SNMPv3
|Page Description Language||TIFF, JPEG, HPGL, HPGL2, DWF, C4, Calcomp 906/907/951, CALS, NIRS, NIFF, PS/PDF (optional)|
|Printing Protocol||TIFF, JPEG, HPGL, HPGL2, DWF, C4, Calcomp 906/907/951, CALS, NIRS, NIFF, PS/PDF (optional)|
|Backchannel Protocol||SNMPv3, Wave interface, WS-Discovery|
|New Set of Security Features||E-shredding, IPSec, IP filtering/Access Control Lists, HTTPS, SNMPv3, audit logging, AES256 Disk Encryption, 802.1x Authentication, network protocol enable/disable, LDAP integration, Active Directory Integration, User authentication on local ClearConnect user panel and via Express WebTools (LDAP/Active Directory credentials, smart card) for scan/copy/print. Configure HTTPS Certificates. Allow disabling TLS1.0 and 1.1 protocols (no response to network scan) and enable TLS 1.2 with stronger cipher. Embedded FIPS 140-2 Certified Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and BitLocker 256 AES hard disk encryption, hard disk wipe, Configurable CA certificate, Disable Network Ports and Protocols, Security Event Logging, Single Sign-on. Options: Removable hard disk, McAfee antivirus, McAfee Application control (whitelisting).|
|Access Management||Help provide secure access to device by users keying in password on the ClearConnect multitouch operator panel or get access with a Smart Card by connecting a card reader (including contactless). Authorization is managed by using Active Directory.|
|Cloud Support||Unlimited user and/or Administrator authenticated cloud support via WebDAV and/or third-party provider: e.g. Microsoft SharePoint, Dropbox, Box.com, box.net, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon Cloud Drive, Cloudsafe, MyDisk. The cloud user authentication can either be preconfigured by the administrator or done by the user at the time of accessing the specific cloud.|
|Transformations||Scaling (scale-to-fit page, reduce when image too large to avoid clipping or to custom factor, scale page size to standard size), Rotation, Shift (automatic or user defined), Adding/removing trailing/leading edge, Mirror, Black intensity in poster mode, Print optimization (standard, lines/text, poster). Color Highlight and Dark Original. Area to erase (area of interest).|
|Scanner Express (Optional)|
|Description||Integrated Contact Image Sensor (CIS) Color scanner with Image Logic technology|
|Scan Resolution||600 × 600 dpi|
|Scan Speed||Up to 49.8 ft./min. (15.2 m/min.) Black & white scanning Up to 33.1 ft./min. (10.1 m/min.) Copying Up to 16.4 ft./min. (5.0 m/min.) Color scanning|
|Scan Format||TIFF, PDF, PDF/A, JPEG, CALS, multi-page PDF, multi-page PDF/A and multi-page TIFF|
|Scan Templates||Extensive number of scan templates to standardize common scan settings and destinations|
|Scan Protocol||FTP, SMB, scan to cloud (push to WebDAV based clouds)|
|Scan Destination||Local USB flash drive, FTP, SMB, Smart Inbox on Controller, Optional Local Home folder (LDAP), mobile device via Mobile WebTools, WebDAV Clouds.|
|Scan Naming||Preset naming with auto numbering for productive scanning or file name on the ClearConnect user panel|
|Original Width||8.2" - 36" (208–914 mm), automatic width detection|
|Original Length||8.2" - 52.5 ft. (208 mm - 16 m), automatic length detection|
|Original Thickness||Maximum 0.03" (0.8 mm) non-rigid documents|
|Zoom (Copy)||1:1, Scale to media size, Scale to standard format. Custom: 10–1,000%|
|Preset Modes||Lines & Text standard, Folded Lines & Text, Lines & Text draft, Dark Original, Colored Original, Photo, Blueprint, Map, Artwork|
|Scanner Dimensions||43" × 12" × 5.5" (1,097 × 308 × 140 mm)|
|Scanner Weight||55 lbs. (25 kg)|
|Acoustic Sound Power||Standby and sleep: less than 26 dB. Print mode: less than 52 dB|
|Ozone Concentration||<0.001 mg/m3, <0.000473 PPM (0.05% of permitted limit value)|
|Heat Emission||Ready: 66 W; Active: 1.5 kW|
|Power Requirements||100–240 V; 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Sleep mode: <2 W Ready mode: 66 W Active mode: 1.5 kW|
|Safety/EMC Marks and Environmental Labels||CE, TUV GS, CETECOM, Energy Star 3.0, FEMP, Rohs, CCC, VCCI TüV GS, c-UL-US, CB, RCM, EPEAT, EAC, FCC Class A, VCCI Class A|
|Recyclables||Printer: made of steel or highly recyclable plastics: up to 95% of the engine can either be upcycled or recycled. Remaining 5% are nontoxic waste.
Prints: very good deinkability when recycled.
Toner: bottles made of highly recyclable HDPE (High Density Polyethylene)
|ClearConnect Workflow Software|
|Job Submission||The ClearConnect software suite consists of a variety of applications with the same user interface. Create, retrieve, and/or send jobs from drivers (Driver select for Microsoft Windows, Driver Express for Adobe PostScript 3 for Microsoft Windows or Apple OS), external locations (SMB, FTP, LPR, WebDAV), Mobile devices via Express WebTools and Publisher Mobile, USB flash drive, Cloud services, and optional Home folder (LDAP). 1-click printing from USB, 1-click printing from previous sent jobs via Print SmartAccess on ClearConnect user panel. The Smart Inbox on the ClearConnect user panel enables the job preview: swipe between your jobs for print selection and preview. Pan to view the image in detail (zoom). With the template-oriented Publisher Select 3 submitting multiple files in batches is supported. Print multiple times and sort by page or set. Media saving automatically rotates print files to optimize media usage.|
|Smart Inbox||Personalized Smart Inbox: History, Manage Queue, Manage History, Express WebTools, Secured Controller Access|
|Queue Management||Spool memory provides a queuing system for print and copy jobs. This enables multiple users to send print and copy jobs at the same time. Customize priority settings for copy and print jobs in the queue. The Job Queue overview gives access to job names, owners, and status including required media. Jobs can be paused, deleted, and placed on top of the queue.|
|Print Management and Accounting||View the counter history at preferred time periods, per job or total overview in Express WebTools. View, create, edit, and delete stamp templates. Optional uniFLOW support, log in with your personal uniFLOW Queue on the ClearConnect User interface. Supports manual authentication, card readers, and contactless card readers.|
|Device Management||Express WebTools provide administrators the tools to manage the device remotely via the web: e.g. check printer status; define settings for print, copy, and scan; define access; security; accounting; remote shutdown; software update and restart; power on/off timer; system behavior; queue management; license management; view, create, edit, and delete stamp templates; etc.|
|Scan to Color Inkjet||Scan directly to iPF 600/700/800/TX- 2000/3000/4000/5200/5300/5400 series via Publisher Select 3 (hotfolder)|
|Description||Integrated productive stacker with high capacity and tray full sensor|