LINK has a national network of 3D printers and trained professionals ready to process and quickly quote your project files from virtually any 3D application. Our full color 3D modelling bureau produces high-definition, full-color prototypes quickly and affordably.
Superior inkjet printing technology creates parts with crisply defined features, enhanced accuracy and precise color. You can print and evaluate physical models of design concepts in their nearly finished state. Whatever the geometry, whether it be double curves or complex surface textures, our printers will faithfully reproduce your design as a physical model. Surface details to 0.2mm and finest construction details to 0.5mm.
Based on the size and scale of your model, 3D printing offers an affordable solution that saves time and money on traditional modelling techniques. Software models are optimised prior to 3D printing increasing quality and reducing costs.
Monochrome or full color
Many clients prefer a neutral white model for massing and detailed design models. However, for master planning and when color is integral to the design, we can print in full color. Images and textures can be mapped onto the model's surface as well. For example, an image from Google Earth can be printed in full color on a 3D terrain model.
Uses for 3D printing
- Detailed design models. Whether for project exhibition, as a client sales tool or for contractor scheduling, the accuracy and versatility of 3D printing makes the production of detailed design models a valuable part of the design process.
- BIM. Today there is much talk of Building Information Modelling (BIM), where a 3D software model of a building is created for its entire life cycle of construction, occupation and maintenance. 3D printing is a natural extension to this process.
- Product prototyping. Working parts can be prototyped for design evaluation and functional testing. Fully machinable and chemical resistant, this process is great for a wide variety prototypes.
- Master planning. Whether the scheme is for an entire city or for a planning application, 3D printing offers a great way to convey the urban context. Judicious use of color can enhance context models and help distinguish existing and proposed land usage.
- Concept modelling. The rapid turnaround times of 3D printing enable physical sketch modelling of early stage design proposals. Low cost allows multiple options to be printed and presented to clients. 3D printed models are ideal for adding impact to competition entries.
LINK can also provide your office with the equipment of your choice, backup resources, maintenance, parts, materials, installation, training — even an operator, if needed — all packaged in an easily trackable on‐site solution.
Contact a LINK representative for more details about how 3D printing can benefit your business.