We cannot underestimate the value of technology and digital advertisement. Technology is continuously growing in it's capabilities as well as it's usage. However, this does not leave print obsolete. Print has proven valuable on it's own and when paired with technology has proven great results.
Let's take a look at some information gathered by a study conducted by Millward Brown for the Magazine Publishers Association titled “The Print Campaign Analysis".
Millward Brown, an authority in the assessment of advertising impact, examined the data from nearly 100 ad effectiveness studies that the advertisers had commissioned. The report finds that print advertising results in the greatest increases in persuasion metrics (brand favor-ability and purchase intent) compared to other platforms. It also found that digital platforms were most effective when combined with traditional media, such as print.
- Print ad exposures generated lifts that were 7% points higher than those for online and 3% points higher than those for TV.
- When it comes to improved brand favor-ability and purchase intent, print ads result in 11% lift, compared to 58% for TV and 4% for online.
- When advertisers used print in combination with other platforms, they were most successful in raising outcome metrics.
- Outcomes varied by industry. In the entertainment industry, in particular, print resulted in 18% increase in brand favor-ability (compared to 9% for TV and 5% for online) and 15% increase in purchase intent (compared to 10% for TV and 3% for online).
- Adding print to a TV schedule helped consumers recall the TV ads they had seen. Exposure to both TV and print in ad campaigns improved consumers’ ability to correctly associate the advertised brands with their respective advertising messages.
Once again, print proves to be a powerful channel both on its own and as an amplifier for digital channels.
This study should give you confidence that print works! Not only does it increase brand recognition, it increases purchasing intent.
Don't procrastinate those projects. Whether it's outdoor banners, window graphics, fliers, or direct mail, Thomas Printworks can do it all. Contact us and let's get those projects rolling.